terms of business
Mortgage – Initial evaluation stage: No charge
- We will consider your financial circumstances and requirements then provide you with information on the most competitive lenders and product options suited to you for your property purchase;
- We will provide you with a quotation to outline in writing all the features and costs associated with any mortgage we recommend;
- We will arrange an initial decision in principle with the recommended lender. This means the lender confirms they are willing to lend subject to receipt of a satisfactory valuation and supporting application documentation;
- If required, we will make a recommendation to you of a competitive solicitor to facilitate the legal work required for your property purchase
Mortgage – Application processing stage: £250
- On receipt of your application fee we will start the process by completing the application form and putting it together with any other documentation required by the lender and then submit to them on your behalf;
- We will communicate to you in a timely fashion any supporting information the lender requires in conjunction with your application;
- We will check documentation you supply is consistent with the expectations and requirements of the lender;
- We will ensure the lender application is monitored and is progressing, for example checking that valuations are instructed and lenders are working within their published timescales;
- We will update you fully on the progress of the application until the lender issues the formal mortgage offer.
Mortgage – Offer stage: £500
- We will check the mortgage offer to ensure it is correct. At this point our offer fee, for successfully securing you the lender offer, becomes payable;
- We will assist you if required with meeting any offer conditions such as arranging property insurance;
- We will liaise with your legal representative to ensure they have received a copy of the offer and assist them where needed;
- We will liaise with the lender if any offer amendments are needed, for example if there is a change to the purchase price or mortgage amount required;
- We will continue to monitor and assist with your application until your purchase is successfully completed
Insurance – Advising and Arranging: No charge
- We do not charge a fee for advising and arranging insurance policies. We will receive commission from the Insurer we place your business with.
terms and conditions
Instruction to proceed
Please sign this document to confirm you would like to proceed with our services. Where we recommend a product from a lender who wishes to deal directly with you or you chose yourself to deal directly with a lender we have recommended, our fees as detailed on page one still apply. Where speed is required, we will consider accepting your verbal instructions to proceed and in this circumstance you understand that instructing us to proceed is your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We will store and use any personal information about you to fulfil your instructions and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”). This information may be made available to certain third parties such as regulatory authorities and our auditors who may also be bound by the Act. If you have been introduced to us by a third party, we will keep private from the third party all personal information, although we may provide to them updates on the progress of your application unless you specifically request us not to.
Following completion of your mortgage and/or setting up an insurance policy on your behalf, we will keep in contact with you by any appropriate means to review your arrangements and keep you informed of any products or services that may be of interest to you.
Restrictions and Legal Jurisdiction
Please be aware that the FCA does not regulate most Buy to Let, Commercial and Overseas Mortgages or development finance and bridging finance. Where they do fall under regulation we will notify you of that fact. We are committed however to providing the same high standards even when dealing with your requirements for non-regulated products. This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Payment of fees
Payment can be made by direct bank transfer or debit/credit card.
We reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 8% per annum for any amounts due to us which remain unpaid after the due date.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you wish to register a complaint, please write to: Ockwells Rd, Cox Green, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 3LP or call: 0203 8000 600. If we cannot settle your complaint you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit. Regulated Mortgage advising and arranging is covered up to a maximum limit of £50,000.